This province is accessible on direct flights from many major cities in the region including Bangkok, Danang, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, Paksé, Vientiane, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Hong Kong, Kunming, Taipei, Manila, etc. From the capital of Phnom Penh, the Cambodia National Airline operates direct flights daily to and from Siem Reap. Siem Reap Province can also be reached by speedboats along the Tonlé Sap from Phnom Penh and Battambang Province.
The Siem Reap Province is conveniently situated 314 km northwest of Phnom Penh, along National Road No 6. It can be reached all year round by National Road No 6 from Phnom Penh, Poipèt Border Checkpoint, Banteay Meanchey Province, Kampong Cham Province, and Kampong Thom Province; and by National Road No 5 and 6 from Kampong Chhnang Province, Pursat Province, and Battambang Province.
This is a vibrant city with many modern hotels and old colonial buildings boasting awesome architecture. Much of the town’s image, culture, and traditions are conserved despite the influx of tourists from all over the world.There are restaurants of almost every culture and also bars and café of nearly every fashion and size all about town. The Psar Leu area is where one can find great bargains in jewelry and handicraft from precious stones to wonderful wood carvings. There are also many shops offering traditional massage and reflexology to help relieve those tired feet after a day’s tour of the temples. Further information you can visit the government website at https://tourismcambodia.org/provinces/47/siem-reap#video102
- Accommodation & Airport Transfer
There are options of hotels and accommodations that offer good services and prices in Annex 1 at https://bit.ly/3XnLELy.
It is worth noting that:
- Room rates are subject to availability and type of the room.
- Early booking is recommended. Canceling notice is required. Without advance sufficient notice, the booking fee is non-refundable.
- Most hotels in Siem Reap do not provide airport pick up/drop as part of the room fee. It is an additional fee service, which can be from $15 per trip.
You can apply for a visa to enter Cambodia by online or obtained on arrival. It is recommended to register online on The Foreigners Present in Cambodia System (FPCS) prior to arrival. The visa is valid for 30 days from the actual date of entry into Cambodia. Make sure your passport is stamped on arrival, and keep the departure form. If you lose your departure form, you’ll need to contact immigration officials before you leave the country to make alternative arrangements. You can be fined, detained and deported if you overstay your visa. There is a fine of $10 per day for overstaying the validity of your visa.
Entry requirements for Cambodia are the same for all travellers, you no longer need to show a pre-arrival COVID-19 test, full COVID-19 vaccination card or certificate, or a passenger’s health declaration on arrival in Cambodia. This applies at all land, sea or air entry points. Remote temperature checkers will still be in use at entry and exit gates.
Please go to The Foreigners Present in Cambodia System (FPCS) by this link: https://ips-cambodia.com/foreigners-present-in-cambodia-system/ and https://www.mfaic.gov.kh/informationforvisitor.
ATMs are available in Phnom Penh City, Sihanoukville and Siem Reap and in some other major towns, yet not all ATMs and banks accept foreign debit and credit cards.
The Cambodian currency is the Riel, which is the main currency in Cambodia and widely used, but in addition to the Riel, The US dollar is also widely used, thus you need to convert your currency into US dollars or Riel when you entered Cambodia since prices in hotels, shops, and restaurants are now usually quoted in US dollars and Riel. Generally, exchanges less than $ 10 will be given in Riel at a rate of around 4000 Riels / USD 1.
4. How to get a phone and SIM card
You can buy phones at any of the thousands of phone shops all over the country. The cheapest are Nokias, which sell for $20 to $22 and have a handy flashlight feature. Smartphones are also available all over the country, and most phone stores can unlock the phone you brought from home as well.
For SIM cards, you can buy them at any of the phone shops, but it’s best to get them directly from the mobile companies including Cellcard, Smart, and Metfone. Carriers are required to keep a copy of your passport on file. If you lose your phone, though, you can easily get a replacement SIM if your passport has been registered. If not, you’re out of luck. To get more information, you can go through this Link: https://www.movetocambodia.com/living-in-cambodia/what-to-do-when-you-first-arrive/how-to-get-a-phone-and-sim-card/
5. Travel apps
Here are the Top travel apps in Cambodia which you can download for free from the IOS App Store and hire TukTuk, Rickshaw, Cab, and SUV to get a ride in Cambodia. The drivers use modern precise meters, thus all you need to do is pick your destination, choose a delivery point and submit payments after the trip is done.
|Travel App||Link to download||Logo|
|PassApp Taxi and Delivery||https://www.mobileaction.co/app/ios/kh/pass-app-taxi-and-delivery/1535615747|
|TADA – Ride Hailing||https://www.mobileaction.co/app/ios/kh/tada-ride-hailing/1412329684|
6. Information of Hospitals and Clinics
Whether you travel with insurance or not, it’s so important to have a list of the best hospitals and medical centers in Siem Reap in case of unexpected situations. The below list included medical clinics, dental clinics and doctors that are favored by local expats in Siem Reap.
- Royal Angkor International Hospital, as one member of Bangkok Dusit Medical Service, Royal Angkor International Hospital (RAH) is the best medical provider in Siem Reap. For serious injuries or illnesses, RAH can transfer patients by helicopter, charter flight or commercial flight to the Bangkok Hospital Medical Center.
Address: National Route 6 (Airport Road), Phum Rasekam, Khum Sra Ngea, Siem Reap.
Telephone: +855 63 761 888; +855 12 235 888
- Angkor Japan Friendship International Hospital, this hospital focuses on general illness and is operated by Khmer doctors who have been trained in Thailand, Korea and Japan.
Address: Street Bun Rany Hun Sen, Chanlong Village, Srange Commune, Siem Reap.
Telephone: +855 76 677 7879
- Neak Tep Hospital, a patient-centered hospital providing a high standard of quality medical services that are respectful, responsive to individual patient preferences, and ensuring that patient values guide all of our clinical decisions. The core services of this hospital consist of three categories: general medicine, medical specialty, and medical administration services.
Address: 7 Makara st, Chun Lung, Sala Kamreurk, Siem Reap, Cambodia.
Telephone: (+855) 17 928 655 or M:(+855) 15 883 899
- Doctors Rithy Kong and Sok Leng, two Khmer doctors who can speak basic English and French and provide quick consultations for minor bumps and bruises. They also can offer analysis with an X-Ray machine. No appointment in advance so many travel bloggers recommend them for reliable basic care on their pages.
Address: Behind Akira Electrical, #11, National Route 6, Siem Reap.
Telephone: (012) 832 152; 063 963 182
- Pachem Dental Clinic, dental services in Siem Reap which is excellent with English-speaking dentists who have trained in Europe or US. This clinic provides high quality and professional services of affordable and integrated oral care. Besides Cambodians, it attracts lots of patients from Asia, Australia, Europe and the US.
Address: #242, Vithei Charles de Gaulle, Siem Reap.
Telephone: +855 17 300 300; +855 70 300 800
7. Communication Apps
In Cambodia, people contact through apps including Telegram (most popular), WhatsApp Messenger, Gmail, Messenger, and WeChat. You can download free in IOS App Store by links below:
- Telegram: https://www.similarweb.com/app/google-play/org.telegram.messenger/statistics
- WhatsApp Messenger: https://www.similarweb.com/app/google-play/com.whatsapp/statistics
- Gmail: https://www.similarweb.com/app/google-play/com.google.android.gm/statistics
- Messenger: https://www.similarweb.com/app/google-play/com.facebook.orca/statistics
- WeChat: https://www.similarweb.com/app/google-play/com.tencent.mm/statistics
8. Lost and Found
If you are got lost or meet problems in Siem Reap, please contact to emergency numbers below:
- Tourist Police Phone Number: 012 402 424 Address: Mondul 3 Village, Sangkat Slor Kram, Siem Reap City, Siem Reap
- Traffic Police Phone Number: 012 896 628 / 012 402 424 Address: Mondul 3 Village, Sangkat Slor Kram, Siem Reap City, Siem Reap/ Kok Dong Village, Sangkat Teuk Vil, Siem Reap City, Siem Reap